- This event has passed.
Crafts Council Workshop: Business visioning and marketing & Social Media strategy: How do I grow my creative business?
7th February 2018 @ 1:00 pm - 5:00 pm| £30-£40
Looking to turn your creativity into a sustainable business? Advice on how to structure a business? Information on how to manage pricing and finances? And tips on how to market your business through press and social media? This workshop will address all these topics and more!
Why should you attend?
- Find out about how to visualise a business out of your making endeavours, from ideas to commercial products, to reaching your market
- Get direct professional advice from Crafts Council on earning money from your creativity
- An introduction to marketing, social media and branding how to set up a marketing plan.
Who is speaking?
- Katia Stewart, Talent Development Manager from Crafts Council, will be sharing knowledge and advice on visualising a business, setting up a business structure and how to market your business.
- Experienced maker Toby Cotterill will be sharing his wealth of knowledge and experience in managing and generating income for his creative businesses
What is on offer?
- Top tips on setting up a business structure
- Top tips with simple administration and managing budgets
- Top tips on how to visualise and structure a brand identity and how you can apply this to marketing and social media
- A sample of your work (or material sample), this should be an object that you do not mind being handled and easily transportable (ideally no bigger than 15cm in diameter)
- A digital device with an accessible series/portfolio of images of your work (please do not rely on Internet connection!!!)
- and/or a quality printed piece of marketing material showcasing your work (e.g. printed postcard, catalogue, brochure)
1pm Arrive, tea/coffee, registration
1.30pm welcome and introductions
1.40pm Katia Stewart, Talent Development manager from Crafts Council will share insight into how to visualise a business and the basic toolkits you need to support a business structure
2.45pm Katia Stewart, Talent Development manager from Crafts Council will share insight into marketing options
3.15pm Toby Cotterill, Jeweller, will share his experience in running a business and how he has implemented a marketing plan over the last few years
3.50pm Q&A and Reflection
What refreshments are provided on the day?
Tea and coffee will be provided at the start of the session and during the afternoon break.
**£5 Discount available to Crafts Council Directory makers, please email for more info**
Business Visioning workshop is part of a series of workshops and events designed by the Crafts Council to provide makers with skills to export and promote their work successfully