- This event has passed.
By Gum: Intro to Collagraph Printmaking
10th November 2018 @ 10:00 am - 11th November 2018 @ 5:00 pm| £95
Spend a weekend in the Spinning Mill Studios with artist Laney Birkhead for an intro to Collagraph!
November 10th and 11th 10-5pm
Introduction to the amazing world of collagraph printmaking using card plates stencils and glues to create printing plates, which can be inked up in multiple ways.
Create a range of colourful textured prints from simple materials and learn to ink up using intaglio methods and print on specialist papers.
Materials charge £7.50
Book here: https://www.eventbrite.co.uk/e/by-gum-intro-to-collagraph-cut-card-printmaking-tickets-47257587717
You can also call us on 01132563239 or pop in to the gallery!
All workshops have a small group size with a maximum of 8 people ensuring lots of time and attention all round.
This range of workshops are suitable for all abilities, learn and develop new skills, under the experienced guidance and support of professional artist / printmaker / tutor Laney Birkhead.
Reference will be made to natural objects and the inspiring scenery around the venue.
Careful observation and a basic understanding o f technique will be the focus.
Each course includes unlimited Brews: tea, coffee & biscuits each day – Please bring your own packed lunch along.
A small materials fee will be charged for each event payable on the day to Laney Birkhead.
A list of what to bring is included on the course description, along with where to find the venue and studio location.
What to bring:
- Materials Fee as listed on your course details payable to the artist on arrival.
- Packed Lunch
- Old shirt /apron.
- Small box of favourite basic drawing materials e.g. pen, pencil, rubber, scissors etc.
- Small sketchbook / notebook in which to make notes and observations.
- Minimum of 6 images (sketches / photos) you wish to work from. These can be your own primary images or secondary research images.
- Small folder of found discarded surfaces and textures e.g. old wallpapers, card, sandpapers, embossed greeting cards, envelopes anything with a bit of a ‘tooth’ to it.
- A camera with which to record your creative journey (optional).
- A3 small folder or wallet to take home prints in.