- This event has passed.
‘Scratching the Surface’ Drypoint & Chine Colle Printmaking Workshop
22nd April 2017 @ 10:00 am - 5:00 pm| 50 + booking fee
Tutor: Laney Birkhead
Date: Saturday 22nd April
Price: £50 + booking fee includes all materials, and a delicious homemade lunch!
Introductory workshop for beginners to intaglio printmaking.
Learn how to score into metal and wooden plates and create a range of tonal surfaces ready to ink up and press on an etching press.
Explore inking up and wiping techniques and use a small etching press to create a series of intaglio prints.
Basic Chine Colle methods will be introduced providing instant colour and pattern to your prints.
Please bring the following to your print workshop:
- Old shirt/apron and indoor shoes suitable to print in therefore not slippers, sandals or open toed shoes
- Small box of favourite basic drawing materials e.g. pen, pencil, rubber, scissors etc
- Small sketchbook / notebook in which to make notes and observations
- Minimum of 6 images (sketches / photos) you wish to work from. These can be your own primary images or secondary research images, as you are coming to do a drypoint course try to choose images with line rather than texture in.
- A camera with which to record your creative journey (optional)
- A3 folder or wallet to take your prints home in.