Bit by Bit: 2 day Introduction to Non Toxic Etching
6th July 2019 @ 10:00 am - 20th July 2019 @ 4:00 pm| £100
2 day workshop (Saturday 6th and 20th July) introducing safe printmaking methods without the use of harmful chemicals and vapours. Create a wide range of hand drawn marks on metal plates using unusual resist materials. Explore hard and soft ground techniques and print proofs as you go along. Experience the pleasure of pulling an etching off a plate using a small printing press.
All workshops have a small group size with a maximum of 8 people ensuring lots of time and attention all round.
This workshop is suitable for beginners, under the experienced guidance and support of professional artist / printmaker / tutor Laney Birkhead.
Reference will be made to natural objects and the inspiring scenery around the venue.
Careful observation and a basic understanding of technique will be the focus.
Each course includes unlimited Brews: tea, coffee & biscuits each day – Please bring your own packed lunch along.
A small materials fee of £7.50 will be charged payable on the day to Laney Birkhead.
A list of what to bring is included on the course description, along with where to find the venue and studio location.
What to bring:
- Materials Fee as listed on your course details payable to the artist on arrival.
- Packed Lunch
- Old shirt /apron.
- Small box of favourite basic drawing materials e.g. pen, pencil, rubber, scissors etc.
- Small sketchbook / notebook in which to make notes and observations.
- Minimum of 6 images (sketches / photos) you wish to work from. These can be your own primary images or secondary research images from sketchbooks, scrapbooks, magazines photos etc.
- Small folder of found discarded surfaces and textures e.g. old wallpapers, card, sandpapers, embossed greeting cards, envelopes anything with a bit of a ‘tooth’ to it. (Collagraph & Carborundum workshops only)
- A camera with which to record your creative journey (optional).
- A3 small folder or wallet to take home prints in.