By Gum: 2 Day Collagraph Printmaking Workshop
23rd November 2019 @ 10:00 am - 30th November 2019 @ 4:00 pm| £100
Two day (23rd and 30th Nov) introduction to the amazing world of collagraph printmaking using card plates, stencils, foils, tapes and glues to create printing plates, which can be inked up and printed in multiple ways. Lots of gluing and sticking therapy and use of lush inks to make a range of colourful textured prints from simple materials – what’s not to like?
All workshops have a small group size with a maximum of 8 people ensuring lots of time and attention all round.
This workshop is suitable for beginners, under the experienced guidance and support of professional artist / printmaker / tutor Laney Birkhead.
Reference will be made to natural objects and the inspiring scenery around the venue.
Careful observation and a basic understanding of technique will be the focus.
Each course includes unlimited Brews: tea, coffee & biscuits each day – Please bring your own packed lunch along.
A small materials fee of £7.50 will be charged payable on the day to Laney Birkhead.
A list of what to bring is included on the course description, along with where to find the venue and studio location.
What to bring:
- Materials Fee as listed on your course details payable to the artist on arrival.
- Packed Lunch
- Old shirt /apron.
- Small box of favourite basic drawing materials e.g. pen, pencil, rubber, scissors etc.
- Small sketchbook / notebook in which to make notes and observations.
- Minimum of 6 images (sketches / photos) you wish to work from. These can be your own primary images or secondary research images from sketchbooks, scrapbooks, magazines photos etc.
- Small folder of found discarded surfaces and textures e.g. old wallpapers, card, sandpapers, embossed greeting cards, envelopes anything with a bit of a ‘tooth’ to it. (Collagraph & Carborundum workshops only)
- A camera with which to record your creative journey (optional).
- A3 small folder or wallet to take home prints in.