- This event has passed.
28th February 2019 @ 8:00 am - 24th March 2019 @ 5:00 pm
We are recruiting!
We are looking for an enthusiastic, friendly, practical and motivated individual to join our small Gallery Team; helping us with everything from selling, curating and putting up exhibitions to assisting with our workshop programme, making tea and washing up.
This role would suit a recent arts graduate or equivalent looking to work in the creative sector.
Job Title: Gallery Assistant
Salary: £17, 500 (pro rata)
Contract: Part Time: Commencing with 2 days per week on a monthly rota broadly as follows:
Week 1: Friday /Saturday
Week 2: Friday /Sunday
Week 3: Friday
Week 4: Friday/Saturday/Sunday
Sunny Bank Mills Gallery is a beautiful, light, semi – industrial independent art space in the former cloth warehouse of this historic mill. We programme between 6 and 8 exhibitions a year, including Ones to Watch for emerging artists, have a shop selling the work of mainly local makers and a small tea room. We also support 14 artists studios in the Spinning Mill, a drop-in space to hire for projects and textile printing and a workshop and event programme.
We are a small and pro-active team used to turning our hand to all aspects of running an exhibition, event and workshop programme and need someone who is happy to put the same effort and commitment in that we do.
Please see the detailed job description for more information here.
- Educated to degree level or equivalent experience
- An interest in contemporary art, craft and design practice
- Excellent communication skills; friendly and personable with an ability to talk to people of diverse ages, backgrounds and interests
- Organised and flexible with an ability to work across multiple tasks and project
- Good planning and co-ordination skills
- Reliable: must be able to commit to the working hours; this will include regular weekends, occasional evenings and events
- Team player with ability to work independently and alone
- Comfortable with Word/Excel and Photoshop and all social media platforms
- Retail or other customer facing work experience
- D.I.Y skills
Application Deadline: by 24th March 5pm by email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Shortlisted Interviews: Week commencing 1 April
To apply please fill out the Application Form